Car keys can be complicated. Every single day I meet people who purchased a car used from a used car dealer, and they have no idea about the hidden features of their car key. This is especially true for the “Push to Start” cars where the key just needs to be in your pocket. In … Read more
The key on the left obviously has damaged buttons. There is no way to prevent this because it depends on how much you use your key. However, you should replace it before its gets this bad or worse. Why? Because once the buttons break thru like this, then moisture and debris can enter the key … Read more
Lost your keys to your Sterling Truck? I can help.
YES. Well, I can’t speak for all locksmiths, but I can recover a lost or unknown keyless entry code on about 90% of the vehicles I have attempted. When you buy a used vehicle that has a keyless entry keypad, there is a high probability that the dealer doesn’t know the keypad code. This happens … Read more
Pro Tip: You are NOT stuck with the key type and design provided by the vehicle manufacturer. If you drive a GM, Chevy or Ford vehicle with a “flip key”, your key blade WILL break sooner or later. This can happen on any flip key. It’s the way they are made. Some experts say that … Read more
We’ve all been there, fighting with a stubborn key ring trying to attach a new key or key fob. The new electronic keys are the worst because the plastic is so thick. But there is an easy solution! Formerly known as a staple remover (who uses staples anymore?), this new double jawed, sharp toothed, key … Read more
I get a lot of calls regarding gun safes that won’t open. About 80 percent of the calls are for digital safes where the electronic lock has failed. The remaining 20 percent are mechanical failures. Some examples of a mechanical failure are where one of the locking bolts is disconnected and won’t retract, or the … Read more
These trucks are popular with delivery services and with landscape companies just to name a few. They are real money makers, but you can’t make money if you lose the keys. That was the case with a well known company that sells and delivers used auto parts. They couldn’t use their truck to make deliveries … Read more
If the hardware on your front door looks old and tired, I can upgrade it to something new! This handle and deadbolt set are in the “oil rubbed bronze” finish. I had to rework the door a little bit to get everything perfect and I think it turned out well.
Lost keys for a semi truck means it is not on the road making you money. At LockPro Locksmith we can replace lost keys for Mack, Freightliner, Peterbuilt, Kenworth, International & Volvo. Even the Mack dealer couldn’t help this customer as they were unable to provide a key or key code from the VIN. Using … Read more